Wednesday, December 18, 2013

CHRISTmas Candle Light


Hello sweeties!

It has been some time since I have blogged. I have been enjoying our home and doing lots of decorating, cooking, loving on 3 little girls, (our sweet friends who had twins).  I got to be at the birth of the girls, something I will not ever forget. They are all adjusting well and so adorable. Their big sister is loving on them..... so precious! 

The weather has been beautiful here and the sun has been so nice and warm. I have been outside taking care of the chickens and ducks. It will be getting cold here at the end of the week, so I have to stay on top of the farm animals.

Birch is being not so nice to his Momma. I am having to be very careful when I am outside. He chased me up on a big barrel one day. Scared me half to death.......I was quite the site!


I have seen a lot of epson salts used to make jars look like they have snow on them. Loved the look! This morning I was needing some gifts, so I thought I would show you what I did. I got my inspiration from (Snowy Mason Jar) here on how to do the jar. Super easy to do. I pinnned it here to my 


if you want to check out my other CHRISTmas boards here they are:




Needfuls:
A jar of your liking
fresh greenery
fake greenery (I had holly leaves on wire from Hobby Lobby)
Berries
Twine



For the chalkboard tag you will need
Rust-Oleum Chalk Board paint
White Gelly Roll Med pen

Here are the simple instructions that I did for the jar and tag. You can follow the instructions on the girls blog if you like.

1. Paint ModPodge on part of the outside of jar, over a pan start sprinkling the epson salt to cover the Mod Podge. Repeat steps until jar is completely covered.
2. Let dry.
3. Decorate jar with greenery, berries and twine. Look at my 
picture for ideas.



Shake can of chalk board paint and mix well. Lightly spray your cardboard. Then spray again. Let dry completely.

To write your message on your tag use a White Gelly Roll Med pen. I have found the pens at Office Max. Works wonderful!

Tie tag onto the jar. 



Set a candle on the inside and you have a fast pretty gift!

Well until next time......I do enjoy when I can blog. I keep thinking
I am going to get back at it. I am making some of the gifts for the family so that is keeping me busy.

Hugs to you and God bless each of you as you 
are getting ready to celebrate CHRISTmas!

6 comments:

  1. Now that looks simple enough that I could even do it. I am no crafter at all.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birch was a wife.. Come on mommy is why he is upset, love the snow jars. Have a blessed sweet Christmas.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow jars are nice. I've been making pine cones with regular salt on them - daughter getting married on Jan. 1. Winter Wonderland theme...Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!