Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hugs to YOUR DAY!

Good Morning sweet ladies,


I found some fabric that I had a lot of. It wasn't maybe what I wanted, but it would do. I made a simple valance. Made a small double turned hem at the bottom and one at the top that was 1 1/2" wide.  Every 6" I cut a small slit. This was going to be a fast job......it didn't have to be fancy, it was my back porch. 


Then I tied  checked homespun red and cream ribbon into bows around the curtain rod. Simply simple, that was what I needed. It pleased my eyes......and that is what we are looking for when we decorate right? 


We have company coming today..........so I need to stop decorating, but I will be back to it on Monday! Are you doing anything special in your home?

We will be celebrating our sweet man who lives in our home tomorrow on Father's Day. He has been such a precious godly Daddy to our children. We will celebrate who he is to each one of our family members. He will be honored.........and we will pray for his life, that it will be a light to those the Lord put's into his path.

Know you will be doing the same at your home.......and if by chance you are reading this and your Daddy is gone to be with the Lord, or your husband is not in your home, because of situations that have come up........know I will be taking you before the Father. Father's Day is not always the easiest these days. 


Hugs to your weekend.......I will be back on Monday.

Linda

13 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet lady!! <3 My dad is in heaven,he passed away in 1979.I have a "dad" who has taken me under his wing for about 7 years now. He is a wonderful guy!! Have a great weekend and i look forward to hearing from you on monday! BIG HUGS Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that valance, Linda! I will be sure and post pictures of my geranium curtains when (if) I get them made.

    Thanks for your sweet wishes for those celebrating their dads tomorrow. My daughter and I are planning a little informal supper for her hubby, her dad (my hubby of course) and my dad, tomorrow evening. I am going to bring that strawberry chicken salad which Gail had posted at Faithfulness Farm, and also some homemade Rocky Road ice cream (I had posted that recipe myself awhile ago), among other things. Hope your family has a blessed day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda-so glad that we have a picture of you! What a beautiful woman you are.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the valance !!
    Thank you for always thinking of all of us in differing situations! We are all blessed by your thoughts and prayers!

    I am dog, cat, and duck sitting this weekend for my kids. Keeping an eye on the animals for them! He he he

    Hope you and your family enjoy tomorrow! Your hubby will be so blessed!

    Blessings,
    Linda in Wichita

    Oh Linda, we have had quite a bit of nice rain the last few days on/off.........hope your fields are enjoying some as well. More rain expected tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new valance. Sure enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda I love those cute curtains ...you are so gifted! I'm sure you will be enjoying your pretty...fixed up porch when you're all finished!

    Enjoy your day..today and tomorrow ...tell your hubby 'happy Fathers Day'.....

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,

    I think your valance is adorable! It is so cheery and bright...just like you are ;)

    I love your new fabric that you bought at the quilt shop. It is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    I know your special company will be blessed by your hospitality, warmth, and "nummy" food.

    Love and hugs,

    Susan M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, your valance is cheerily wonderful! Your porch is going to be such a happy place!
    Happy Fathers Day to your sweet man and your son (s?).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The valance is adorable and loved how you used ribbon instead of making a pocket to put a rod throw. Creative, indeed. We'll be doing something tomorrow, maybe lunch out after church. Hubby has been working over time and one day off so staying home will be what he wants to do. My dad has been gone to heaven since 1986 so miss sending him a card, just send father in law one now. Better with the Lord than suffering! Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! those curtains are adorable! Ya'll have a wonderful Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I am a new follower to your blog and your words always seem to "hit home"; I lost my dear dad 7 years ago this November 6 and am dreading tomorrow (Father's Day) very much..Thank you for the sweet words hun..

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, Your valance is adorable--sometimes just a quick little touch is all that's needed to bring beauty. Thanks for reminding me of that, also, as I read about you decorating entryways and spots here and there this summer. You've inspired me to do a little beaut-ee-fying myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may be crazy but I know I posted a comment! Hmmmm...blogger stole it away! :)
    Your valance is so sweet!
    We changed our bedroom comforter and curtains! I feel like I am in a cool and calm place although the weather here is more to the liking of the devil himself! It is a soft shade of aqua blue with beige and brown flowers! So calming!
    Always a smile when I stop by. Love and Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!