Thursday, March 15, 2012

We Met Willow and Her Babies!

Good Morning sweet ladies, wish you were here with!!!!!!!

Yesterday did not go as I had planned.......the fact that I am on vacation this week helped though. So many times when I am working I have to cram so much into my weekends, so I am always feeling like I am pressed. Anyway the girls and I worked really had getting Willow's new home ready........sweet man helped me on my fence to the entrance of her shed. ......which seemed to take forrrrreeeevvvaa! It is looking good though and have a little bit more to do and it will be finished. I worked on the window.......love it!!!!!! I took out the glass to the window.......and put in chicken wire......cuuuuttteee! 


By 6:30 yesterday evening,  I had to go see Willow, Twig and Leaf. Couldn't stand it any longer..........they are beautiful! God made them just for us! I am so thankful! I knew when I got there who Willow was. Cheryl had told me that she had light spots on her face and nose.........I spotted her and Twig and Leaf......I could hardly contain my emotions.  Cuteness is what they are.



I would like for you all to meet Twig. He has such a precious face! Black on his face and black legs with little spots on them.


And here is Leaf.......he has a sweet face also. He has brown patches on his legs and face. As you can see their little coats are matted because of birth, but they will be looking better as they age.


Momma Willow has brown spots on her nose as you can see at the top of the picture. She is such a good Momma. Always pushing her babies towards herself. Sweetest thing to watch. She is in the pen with two other Mommas. The babies get confused, but she is right there pushing them back to where she wants them.



Little Leaf is getting a little dinner..........




now it is Twigs turn to nurse........love it!!!!!


The time spent over at Crescent C Farm was so wonderful. Watching all the babies.......who knows how many! The babies were hopping. I am hoping to get it on video for you when they move over here. It is the funniest thing to watch! Some have asked what kind are they. Cheryl said, that the babies are Dorset like their Momma Willow and they have some Suffolk and Hampshire like their Daddy. 


Well I am off to go and finish up the gate and then over to their farm to pick Willow, Twig and Leaf to come and live at Prairie Flower Farm.........the Lord has truly given me the desire of my heart. He didn't need to, but He did and I noticed and thanked Him........a lot!


Hugs to your day from my farm!!!!!!! Only a few more days of my vacation and so far it has been beyond wonderful! I have so many things to show you.........I will........soon! My little garden I have started is doing very well. 

Today is going to be 75 degrees and sunny.......can't believe this weather!!!!!! I am not complaining.......just amazed!

Linda



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are so fun! I wish all of you could come to my farm and meet them. We are on our way real soon to pick them up. Have some little visitors coming this afternoon to see them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for "introducing" us, Linda! The lambs are adorable and their names are so sweet. Keep on enjoying every moment of that well-earned vacation time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their names also. It has been a wonderful vacation. Willow timed her babies just right!

      Delete
  3. Praying there are no surprises during the move. Lear and Twig and Willow are so precious! Enjoy your little flock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raeann for praying. My sweet man and I have been also! I loved your comment yesterday........I felt the same way!!!! I can't wait to show you all the shed. We finished up the gate this morning......I like! A LOT! We just used old gates and redid it. I love old.....really old stuff!

      Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  4. Linda,

    I'm so excited for your Willow, Twig and Leaf :) :) They'll have a great life at Prairie Flower Farm. When I lived in Oregon, there were quite a few farms in the area that raised sheep. It was really cute to see all the babies around early spring. They look like little cotton balls...and when they start jumping/springing here and there, it's like little puffs of popcorn ...adorable in the extreme :) :) I can't wait to see their place all fixed up :) :) Enjoy your vacation :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! CUTENESS and beyond!! they are adorable!
    isn't this weather beautiful! so glad you're able to get their 'home' ready!! always looking
    forward the the next pics!! GOD was really listening to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see the sheep! We have sheep also on our little homestead, but we have had only one baby so far. We have two small flocks, Suffolk-Southdown crosses for meat and Shetland and Finnsheep for fiber. My husband spends all spring shearing with hand shears for small farm flocks all around our area. I'm sure you'll love your sheep, they really are fun to keep. Your weather sounds heavenly! I can't wait for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious! I am keeping this post in my e-mail so I can show my Grands when they come up tomorrow, from start to video, if you are able to get one! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so cute it is amazing to see the color they have with the black on them!! I love spring sooo much. You are truely blessed to be able to have a farm of many things. Hugs my friend. Wanted to mention I also recieved my seeds from my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so much fun to see your new babies -- and they have the sweetest faces! Thanks for sharing and letting us live on the farm with you! Such joy! May God continue to rain down blessings on you and your family ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!