Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hope You All Have A Good Day!

Hello Sweet Ladies,



The other day I was at Hobby Lobby and found these adorable fat little jars......in three sizes........I think they are the cutest! If you had them what would you use them for? I am going to make strawberry/rhubarb jam. I have a favorite that I found on a blog a few years back. Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe. It is the best I have ever made. 


I also found these cutie jars.......they are not for canning, but I could make strawberry whipped butter and keep them in the fridge. I would like to see this every time I opened up my fridge wouldn't you? They are soooooo sweet!

My sweet girl Willow!!!!!!!

Today I wanted see if I could get a little closer to Willow........look at what she let me do. SSSSSqueal!!!!!!! Sooooo soooo happy! She trusts me, course she wants grain also, but it is a start! Now to get our babies to do the same. They are still jumpy! 


Juneau's baby bump.......we can't wait for her to have her baby!!!!

Our farm is busting out with babies these days. We also have a Momma horse named Juneau who is showing signs of a baby real soon. Due date is on my birthday April 8th......sure would like that to happen, but we think it might be sooner. I will keep you posted!


Her tummy is hanging down and she sure is walking funny! 


Went to the garden to see what is coming up volunteer. My spearmint is starting to grow. I enjoy sweet tea in the summer time.......so easy to make fresh! If you click on the picture you can see little feathers all tucked under the spearmint. 


These are my winter onions....getting huge. Will be nice to have for cooking!

Tonight we were able to borrow a rototiller from a sweet family.........can't wait to get my potatoes soon. Will plant some spring garlic, Blue Lake green beans, onions, some more strawberries, asparagus, snap peas and more.......love to garden! I also was given some unique seeds.......different from what I am used to. Yellow watermelons? I will try. Our friend said they are delicious. If we have a freeze I will just put big jugs over the top to protect them. 

Thank you all who are new followers and of course all the faithful ones.......also thank you for all the precious emails. You ladies are the most precious woman! Truly you are! 

Blessings and may the Lord bless your Homes and families with His presence. I ask Him to grow you and encourage you if you are in tough times.........love you!


Linda



13 comments:

  1. Oh Linda your land is so beautiful with all your delightful plants sprouting all over! You are a beautiful lady with so many blessings. Willow and Juneau are so sweet! You are bursting with babies at your place! God is very good to you andyours. Hugs and Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda...I love all the new babies at your house! smile... How exciting! Now you are planting potatoes."do you wait till Good Friday? Seems that is when we always use to plant them. Tom will be taking a picture of our rhubarb tomorrow!

    Love your jars!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet blessings to you this Spring. Around here our Spring has come early. Love it. Our Lilacs are in bloom. I stand in awe.

    Willow is a great name for a pet. Your life sounds great.

    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love yellow meated watermelons they are very sweet. Blessings to you my friend, say can you pray for me ...this Saturday Im going to go to a new church and I really want it to be filled with the Spirit. I havent been to a church meeting in years but i do attend a bible study on weekends too. Thanks for you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how lovely, all those babies, they couldn't wish for a better home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New life is so exciting!
    Love the sweet jars too. I am so excited about gardening too. I have all my seeds planted and growing In my upstairs bedroom.
    Happy Spring
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful having a farm?! So many good things that come with it. I use jars for anything and everything. So handy and pretty, to boot. The promise of babies is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, hope you're having a great day at the school! Oh! Juneau's baby coming soon! Can't wait to see! And show my Granddaughter the pictures! Will show my Grandson too! He is growing so fast (15 mo)! My mint is growing like crazy! Made the mistake last year of planting 4 or 5 different mints in the same area, thought I'd have a mint garden, hope they don't start tasting all the same! I love mint growing all around! some say invasive, I say awesome! Rather have mint running all around than weeds that don't smell wonderful! Going to start making tea, we are in the high 70's this week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I love seeing all these pictures. What a wonderful bit of land you live on. I'm glad you have all these wonderful animals to keep you company, or should I say busy? Thanks for sharing, it's just like going downhome to visit my relatives!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the jars!

    I'd like to hear more about growing spearmint, and using it as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,

    Those jars from Hobby Lobby are adorable. I would use those jars to store my homemade coconut oil deodorant...and maybe also for a nice facial/body scrub!!! Those jars are adorable. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby in our area, but we do have a nice local craft store!!!

    Oh, I can't wait to see Juneau become a new momma. That will be really sweet if it happens on your birthday, too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sweet Linda,
    Orange Marmalade would be great in those jars. I love that fact that Juneau will be having a baby soon. I pray that she has the baby on the 9th which is my son Gabriel's birthday! I love the fact that you and my son's birthday is one day apart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!