Wednesday, August 24, 2011

12th Building Our Homes Together......with Jesus!

Hello sweet ladies, 


Came home........gathered the eggs.........she gave me this ......had to take a pic! If you click on the egg you will see the polka dots. 

First off, thank you to all the ladies that linked up last week. You can still go over and visit the sites. Well worth your time. Click here if you want to read the links. 



I kind of feel sometimes like I am building two Homes. Smile!  One at our house and one at the college kitchen. I leave early in the morning and then when I get home I still have a lot of hours left to the day on the farm. I still have plenty of time to spend doing the things I need to keep our Home going. We are building new relationships everyday at the caf. Our girls have met some precious CHRISTian girls. It is wonderful to see how the Lord is working at the college, in my sweet man, myself and our girls. I still wish I could be Home all the time.........but I am seeing His provisions for our family in this time in our lives.  We do need to make a living and the fact we are together all day long hasn't changed from what we have had all our married life when we farmed together full time. Since we have homeschooled the girls they have been with also. Thanking God for it all..........He has been........... so in the details of our prayers!


Every morning on our way to work my sweet man prays for the people we work with, the college kids, teachers, for what He wants to do with us and our family. I can see more peace in the kitchen and with me this year and that has been wonderful. 

So it may not look like I want it to as far as being in our Home all the time, but I can trust Him with it all! Here are some things He has shown me to be thankful for. 

We can use the ice machine and we can bring all we want Home when we need it......
I love it that we can do this! Free ice! That might sound simple and it is, but God has blessed me with this simple gift!

Two meals a day! 
Breakfast and lunch........we hardly have to eat much in the evenings............. so we save a ton on our food bill. It has been 
so helpful! 

Working together with our whole family! It is precious how I can still be my honey's helpmate. He needs me lots of times to help in his new department...........He is the "Grill Man"!
I have heard ladies say........"I could never work everyday with my husband". I have never known any different nor would I have ever wanted to. I am just amazed at how the Lord worked it out for all of us! "Thankful" is the word! 

The girls and I can bake anything we want to bake in the bakery.
We really do like trying new things and with the internet, we have found some wonderful recipes on blogs and cooking sites. It has been like going to cooking school.......I see the Lord preparing them for their own Homes............He is good! Never would have I thought we would be getting an education in a college bakery kitchen........never!

Here is my College Pinterest board.  that we save all of our recipes that we find........really has been fun!
I use Pinterest so much now to save all the things I will need! 

Today we made this

 Found the recipe on Pinterest.  Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Click to go to the recipe.

Ladies it is the best!!!! We are using it for breakfast! Very easy to make and so moist and tasty! 

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for. There are many more that He reminds me of during the day.......I have asked that He show me. It helps me keep my eyes on Him and not me. 

I read this some where,
Father I don't know where you are going today......but I am coming with you!!!!!!!! I so want to go with Him


I am also thankful that our boss who is going to let Tressa off work to go to the Ukraine to help pick up Vitaliy. Not every boss would let you do that. Walking in His Path is her blog and if you need a gift she has some brand new headbands, hairclips and brooches up........NEW! We sat with Josh and Tonya last night as a family, planning the trip to bring V HOME. Please ask for a covering of protection for them. I will give details later. 

Do you have some things that you are thankful for? Please let me know.........if you are in a hard time, but you still see Him working good.......I would love to hear about it!


Here is how to link up to

Please put our Building Our Homes Together logo on your blog and have it link back to us please! Thank you! 

Link up using four easy steps.
Go to the bottom of my post and it will say

You are next.........Click here to enter...

Click and
Up will come this.
1. Enter a link to your blog post (this has to be the post you are wanting to show us)
2. Enter a caption
3. Enter your email
4. Upload a thumbnail (picture)

One more thing if you want to link all the linkys to your blog, there is a place that says GET THE CODE HERE.
A friend said for me to put mine on also.......so I will start off! 

Thank you all........I love Wednesdays and You!!!!!!!!!!!!


Linda











11 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm so happy you see God working in your life every day. Yes, He has definitely been working here too. Each day as my husband was in hospital the hospital staff so kind and caring. They would bring me juice and look in on us often. I knew it was God.
    The strawberry yogurt cake looks so yummy. I will try it this week. I've been looking through all the recipes on Pinterest too.
    I will pray for your children's trip to get Vitaliy home. Many prayers going up I'm sure.
    God bless ~
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very wonderful Linda! I love to hear how God is working in your everyday life. Not too many people can spend all day and all night with their family without going crazy, I think that's so awesome that you all work together at the college and then go home and work the farm. That is preciousness!!!

    God blesses us every single day in the little things too. Sometimes it gets overlooked as just being a "good thing that happened today" but I remind them that while yes, it's a good thing... it's a good thing FROM GOD!

    So glad you are liking Pinterest... I knew you would. I love it too but didn't realize I was addicted to it until I woke up a couple of mornings ago pinning something in my sleep when my alarm woke me up... ooops! Too much time being spent on the computer. =/

    Have a delightful rest of the week sister~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there are so many things to be thankful for. Of course to my mind the very biggest, most important thing is God's gift of salvation and the blessing of a personal relationship with Him. Next to that one of the biggest blessings for me is just the knowledge that God is sovereign, working all things after the counsel of His own will, and that He will work all for good to those who love Him. That sustains me in the midst of difficult, uncertain circumstances.

    Thanks for sharing so many of the things you are thankful for. Truly all that we have comes from God's bountiful, gracious hand. And the strawberry yogurt cake looks amazing! I will have to try that... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great minds think alike :) I made this cake today, too! It is so good and moist.

    Love the speckled, green egg pic :)

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog site post rocks! Good job. Nice working with every point in your blog, keep it up. Keep coming with new ideas, coming again soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! I've never really tried to make tags before. Yours are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog? filipina dating"

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Wonderful post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand what you have explained. Actually, I browsed throughout your several other content articles and I do believe you are absolutely correct. Congrats with this particular blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a fastidious opinion, paragraph is fastidious, thats why i have read it entirely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!