Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Special Day For Me!

Hello sweet ladies on this rainy day, 


Today could be a dangerous day.......for Kansas....they say out of 10 we are at a 8..........thank you for praying for us and all of those who will be affected today. Please also pray for those in Joplin.  If you have loved ones that have been affected, please let us know and we will pray more affectively. 


Another journal post, 

Our oldest grandson turned 13 last week and our oldest granddaughter turned 13 also. I can not believe it. Where does the time go and why does it have to go so fast? I don't know if I have ever mentioned but we have son's who we had first. When they were 13, 16 and 19, I became pregnant again and had a little girl at the age of 38.......then almost 3 years later I had another little girl at 42. They are 19 1/2 and in July our other daughter will be 17. So the girls were Aunties at an early age. The fun part for us is all the fun we have had as a family. It is amazing to me that as we have been raising the girls our son's have been raising their children. For me to see the choices  they have made in training has been a joy to watch. Everyone in our family has chosen to walk with the Lord..........perfectly.........absolutely not.......but still walking with one foot in front of the other. Do we fall? Yes we do.......but  we get back up and with the Lords help repent of our wrong.....yes.  He washes us off.....as we say we are sorry and we go and try to not do the wrong again. God's grace is so wonderful. Anyway yesterday the family was at the farm. The oldest granddaughter had just received a gift from her Momma and Daddy and had to show us. Sometimes I am overwhelmed as a mother and woman who made a lot of horrible mistakes, that the Lord would grace me with joy beyond belief at this time in my life with my daughters and grandchildren. Here is my journaling of what the Lord has done.

Sometime back our girls, my honey and I met Nancy Leigh DeMoss of Revive Our Hearts personally as we were on a business trip and had stopped by Family Life to visit a friend who is one of the program editors there. We walked by the studio and there was Nancy doing a program. Anyway our friend knew her and thought it would be fun for us to meet her. Talk about a precious lady. We did meet and before we left she prayed blessings over our daughter.....for their lives......the young man they would some day marry, their character.......and this momma stood there blessed.  To have someone pray for our girls was a gift to say the least. We were back home and received a package in the mail. 

It was from Nancy, when I opened the package there were some of her books and  a book called 

 Here is a look inside the book and here are some broadcasts archives if you would like to listen to the authors heart. The book is precious, your daughters or granddaughters would love it.

Nancy knew our prayer for our girls was for them to choose not to date and to keep themselves for their husbands. Also that our girls would not go out and search for a young man, and would wait  for the Lord to reveal to them who His choice was. We ask for protection from their Heavenly Father in all the areas of the choice of a husband. My honey and I made some really hurtful choices for ourselves in our younger years....and we live daily with the scares.  I do have to say that the Lord has given us forgiveness and we Praise Him that we don't have to look back.  The girls have been so precious as we our family walks together seeking the Lord's best. 

All this to say our granddaughter's Daddy put the necklace around our Ellie's neck, a gift symbolizing God's gift of purity for her life.  


How could she turn from this.........

to this...........so fast.

On her birthday she was given a gift from her Daddy (our son) and her Momma. A very precious and sacred time observed by the Heavenly Father from Heaven as another princess was being "blessed" by her parents. 


This picture will be etched in my mind and heart forever as it shows her Daddy clasping the Princess Prayer Box Necklace around his little girls neck........ a treasure box symbolizing God's gift of purity. It has kiss engraved along the edge.   

The author said so wisely.........."may she be like the princess, who guarded her kiss so wisely and was rewarded with God's best for her life". 

It is amazing for me to watch our married children as they raise the next generation for the Father's Glory..........I pray for them as they do so. This Grammie will continue to take her 10 grand babies to  God's Throne Room..........until I don't have breath. Praying for protection from the evil one. 

We live in a sex-crazed culture.........it was bad in the 70's and ..........now it is unbelievable, must break the heart of God. But the precious thing about the Lord is that He lets us choose who we want to serve. What a gift. 

My honey and I believe scripture says that purity is for life, so we are praying for ourselves, our children and grandchildren. That we will all give the gift of staying pure to our Heavenly Father all the days of our lives. 


Ladies lets pray that the "Lord will restore the hearts of the Fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their Fathers".......
Malachi 4:6.


Our nation is broken.......and the Lord has the answers.

Blessings from the farm to your home,

Linda











7 comments:

  1. Lovely post, as always. Praying for all in KS today, Linda. Our scary time in our area of MO comes tonight - during the overnight - with the threat for severe weather being greater at that time. Our community is involved, and our son more directly, with a donation drive for Joplin tomorrow. My heart just breaks for them. I cried while watching the news this morning, and one older couple were in tears saying "we still have each other." Be safe! Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO blessed by your post today! Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us!! I have a 15, going on 16, year old daughter and this blessed me more than you will ever know. I've prayed these very prayers and will continue to do so.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Post!
    Hugs Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    What a sweet, wonderful time with your family. Such an awesome Christian heritage they share! God must be smiling on your family :D I am so thankful for my Christian heritage. I believe it is the greatest gift we can give our children. I enjoyed reading about how you had your kiddos :) You must tell me what you do to have so much energy! I don't know how you do so much! Thanks for being so transparent and sharing your life with others for the glory of God and His kingdom.
    Hugs,
    Susan Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post ;) :) I'm going to take a look at that website and the book.

    I was really blessed reading this..and I think that as you continue to walk with God and sek His best for your lives, God will definitely bless that :) :)

    I'm glad that your family is seeking purity. That's so neat. For me, I've never been kissed...waiting for the right one. It was really nice to read so meone else who is doing the same thing :) :) It's a gift :) :)

    I'll be praying for safety during this bad weather. Keep us updated as best you can :) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. It is such a blessing to see parents and children living a Godly life.
    May our Father richly bless them as they seek to live a life pleasing to HIM.
    Til next time...
    God bless you.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanking God for your protection FROM and IN the storms - weather-wise and cultural. I pray the same for our 10 grandchildren & their parents. SO much wisdom and intentionality called for these days! In the end, our hope is in the LORD, into Whose hands we have committed them (and ourselves)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!