Monday, April 11, 2011

The Farm Is Blooming With Life.......And I Am Lovin It



Hello Sweet Ladies,


Sunday was so full of baby KoKo. She was having a fun time getting to know the neighbors and fam. She is so tame and so much fun to be around. She is now starting to run around. The neatest part is she comes right up to us now. The imprinting really is a neat thing.




This is of my sweet gentle man........he is "lovin" on Echo, so we can love on Koko. I think this photo speaks volumes. It's going to be a favorite of mine.




Momma human getting to know Koko. Love. Taylor is enjoying this experience big time.    




Isn't this the sweetest little face. 


Koko is chewing on Tressa's chin........she does it to us all the time. 





Hope you enjoy the video of Koko running around. The wind is blowing........hope it doesn't bother.......if so turn your volume down. Thought maybe you would like to see. I promise I will not have pictures everyday of her. It's just so new for us and I have to do some journaling for Prairie Flower Farm.......right?


On Saturday our son and grandsons came with two boxes with handles...........from ORSHELN Farm & Home.  Oh......... I wonder what it is? The grandkids get so excited.......so do I.




Here is my first gift..........are they not the cutest? Murphey and Massey. Two little Rhode Island Reds. I love em!
and.................


3 new baby ducks..........they will be white. I put them in with Forrest and Penelope and they didn't mind at all. I am glad that I didn't have to have another cage. The spring time always brings so much fun on the farm.........it is nice to be outside instead of cooped up in the house. The weather has been beautiful. 


Went down in the milk barn to feed the babies after work today. I had a box with a tin can in it and Miss Gracie laid her egg as you can see. Silly girl.....not a neat nest if you ask me......so I decided to get some fertile eggs from the other girls......................


I helped make a nest...........I think she liked.........she started rolling the eggs under her. Now I don't know if this will get her in the mood to sit on eggs...........but I am going to try it. I will let you know how it turns out.............oh how I want her to sit. Has anyone ever tried this? I have done it after they started sitting.........but never if they are not sitting. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. She has 6 eggs to love on and take care of..... unless I see she won't.......and then I will take them back.




Walked out to check on the rhubarb..........growing really nice........ I watered them tonight. That will help them really take off. 




Also I have been harvesting some asparagus the last few days. It is doing great.........checked tonight and just a few little ones starting. Want to make quiche this weekend. I have 6 stalks so far........I will have enough I am sure. If anyone has a good recipe........please send my way or send me your way.  I am always looking for new recipes. 



One more pic and that is it. Tonight this little chick from the first batch.......was sitting on a tin can. Thought she looked so sweet. 


Well that is all the pic's for today..........it is late......and I am so tired. Hope that you all had a wonderful day......I loved mine after I got HOME. 


Blessings and hugs from our farm to your HOME,
Linda

7 comments:

  1. Farm and Ranch life is the best of the best...
    Adorable photos .. always enjoy visiting the
    Farm....

    Blessings to you as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics of your farm. Always feels like I am there.
    Hugs Granny Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.Love those sweet babies.To sweet! Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pics of Taylor with the pony. And the asparagus looks yummy! I love to roast it in the oven with a little balsamic vinegar and spices. MMMMMM........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! ALWAYS fun to see. Makes me wish we were neighbors! lol

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love seeing pictures of your farm. I loved the video and seeing how the mama would stay right with her baby girl. She's such a good mama. Thanks for sharing. I won't ever get tired of the pictures you post.
    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all, Linda!!!

    Life is good.

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!