Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can't Believe Thurs, Friday and Sat noon....We Will Know!

I have been working on a new pattern...........can't wait to show you!
I have had it in my mind for soooooo long....and now it is
coming together! Picked out the fabric!!!!!!! That is my favorite part!
Anyone working on anything special? Tell me and I will come and see!

Hello sweet ladies!!!!!
(Putting this post up on Wednesday evening)

2 1/2 days! Can't believe it and can't await! WE are going to soon know who the winner is!

I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone with our party. I have to say you ladies are sooooooooo sweet! Thank you for taking the time to come to my blog and also for giving so much sweetness to Gooseberry Patch. I know that they appreciate each one of you! The notes you have left on their blog and facebook have been so kind! Thank you so much!

Well........first off.......today my girls and I were working close to the store room in the kitchen.......this morning. We started smelling smoke. We looked all around in the storeroom and couldn't find a thing. We finally went to get one of the salad girls to see if she could smell it? Yep......she did........so we went and got one of the main chefs.......he smelt it also. So then they called maintenance. Sometimes men (not my honey) just don't move as fast as I would like to see? heehee! After some calls.....they had to shut down the kitchen and we all moved into the cafeteria. We had to wait until the fire department came to release us to go back into the kitchen. They couldn't find anything. They closed off the store room and that helped. We had to run around to get all the things plated and ready to serve the kids.


Look what we had for the kids at the college today! Oh my it was so so num!
Very easy to make.

Double Chocolate-Mint Brownies

1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. plus 6 T. butter, softened and divided
4 eggs, beaten
16-oz. can chocolate syrup
2 c. powdered sugar
1 T. water
1/2 t. mint extract
3 drops green food coloring
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat flour, sugar, 1/2 cup butter, eggs and syrup in a large bowl until smooth; pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees fort 25 to 30 minutes, until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan. Combine powdered sugar and 1/2 cup butter, water, mint extract and food coloring in a bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over brownies; chill. Melt chocolate chips and remaining butter in a double boiler; stir until smooth. Pour over chilled mint layer; cover and chill until set. Cut into small squares to serve. Makes about 4 dozen.



I took a picture of the "Easiest Boston Cream Cupcakes"! Sorry it didn't turn out........but I have to tell you it was soooooo delicious! Everyone thought so in the cafeteria. We have been baking from the 101 Cupcake, Cookie & Brownie Recipes (click to pre order if you like) all this week and everything has been received very WELL! You would really like the book!

If you haven't already........signed up to our

Prairie Flower/Gooseberry Patch Party click HERE!

You ladies are so appreciated!!!!!! Thank you and I hope each one who has signed up will visit the other girls blogs who have also signed up!

Listening to Daily Audio Bible............it is really refreshing to listen to the Word!
We turn it on in the morning........ before we leave for work........really helps to start out
our day!

Hugs from my farm to your HOME!
Linda

10 comments:

  1. Linda, you are spoiling those students! I am sure they are loving all of this wonderful Gooseberry Patch cooking.. and of course all of your nummy cooking that you and your crew do for them. Have a great remainder of the week, and hope there are no more 'mystery odors' at work! :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like the thrill of starting a new project! I just finished designing and stitching my 5th block in my Mystery Block of the Month...and I have started on two scrappy postage stamp quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those recipes are so tempting , how can I resist making them ? Just yesterday I posted a picture of a project I finally finished , a long overdue UFO so it is on to another one , not sure which one ;-) you see I have a few to choose from . I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on aprons as my special project. A friend of mine had a pattern for a little girl apron and a doll apron. I traced off her pattern and am working on it. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Those brownies would be welcome anytime...think you could mail some? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cake!!!!
    Blessings from France

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cannot wait for you to share your pattern! I have started some new crochet projects. Just posted about a set of Barbie doll cloths that I made for my grand daughters. Its actually a jump start on next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Linda! Everything you baked looks delicious. Felt like licking the screen! Yuk! I can't sew for nothin'...you and your blog friends make all kinds of things...aprons, doll aprons, Barbie clothes....do you guys know how lucky you are to be able to create? I love hearing about all of the creativity and see pictures is even more wonderful. I love your blog! Mary S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda...I hope you stay safe at work..that always is a concern when you 'smell' something burnt or burning...Glad they checked it out for you.. Oh my the cake looks so yummmy..and sounds like it will be easy to make! I think you spoil those students...lol

    Can't wait to see what you are working on!!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!