Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unlatch the Hook Please............





If I could invite you to Prairie Flower Farm, I would prepare a little banquet for you.


I would have the table set ................


...................... with my fine linen (from a box that someone gave me
that was left over from an estate), but it is "fine" to me. I love it!
I always wondered what the meaning of this saying meant............ this proverb means, that it is better to spend a little time to deal with problems or act right now than wait. If you wait until late, things will get worse, and it will take much longer to deal with them.


I would ask you to sit at my table. You would be served scones, strawberry/rhubarb jam
with homemade whipping cream (made like Grandma Jo's with powdered sugar, instead
of granulated sugar), on a simple little thrift shop plate and a nice cup of TAZO Passion tea.


I would read to you from the scriptures,
that you are special to the Father........... I would pray that Jesus would
lift you up, if you were needing strength. Maybe you have lost your
husband and are missing him so, maybe you are caring for your adopted 6
children who are all handicap and you need prayer to stay steadfast, or maybe
you might need a little encouragement to get you through to another day.
What ever your need might be, I would want you to feel loved at our farm. I would
want to hear your life stories. You know we all have them. They make us who we are.
I am sure you would look around and notice as we sat at the table..........


my broccoli with their sweet little heads reaching for the sky......


........my lettuce mix, parsely and see the pretty little flowers?

You won't believe the cabbage and how big it is getting. You might like how
I put flowers in with my veggies. I think it makes the bed look prettier.



If we stood back you could see how long the trough is. I would show you how
I use the screens to keep the plants protect through bad weather. My prayer would
be that you would find a special place of refuge in my little Potter's Shed!
Then I would take you on a little walk. We would leave and you would see........



............ my columbine flowers. This year they are so beautiful.
I would give you a start off of them, so you could go and plant some at your place.
This makes me wish you all lived close to me. Wow that would be an everyday party!



We would have to go by the chicken coop and you could see Mr. Not So Nice Guinea!. Heehee. Notice the one tail feather. We would have to giggle! I was nice...... I left him one feather. All the "Miss CHICKS" think he's looking a little funny these days with noooooo tail feathers, but ONE. If you didn't read yesterday's post, it is a must! I think it will make you smile.
After we left the coop...........

.........we would go over to the rhubarb patch, where the ducks would be playing, and pick you some rhubarb, so you could make some Strawberry Rhubarb Jam for yourself. I found the recipe at a really wonderful blog. The scones are found here at the Joy of Baking.

Then we would say good bye until another day! I would never be the same, because
I have met you! That is true, since I have met you all my life is not the same.

You all bring so much joy to my life!

One day for those who are in Christ there will be a Wedding Feast. He will come to get His Church and take us with Him. He will have a banquet like no other has ever been given. There will be the finest of linens, food like we have never seen before, we will be with Him forever. Until that day, we need to tell others what he has done for us. Our simple stories of His faithfulness!

Matthew 28: 18 says, Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Blessings sweet ladies, we have hope, we are not been left alone. Again, I want you to know......

"You are so Precious In His Sight!


One more thing, I have noticed so many new followers. I love it that you have
come to join us! Thank you!

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. What a blessed thought...going to the Potter's Shed and sharing with you. You always seem to know what I need for the day.

    Oh, poor Mr. Not so Nice Guinea!! He is soooo funny. Could you glue his tail feather back on? Maybe use some Vaseline? Papi's nephew gave himself a reverse mohawk when he was small. His mother tried to stick the hair back on with Vaseline. Guess what...it didn't stay. LOL We have laughed about that for over 40 years now.

    Have a God Filled Day
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come and visit you - the Potter's Shed is calling me.

    Blessings,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. How blessed I feel to be able to get to know you through your blog! I would so love a tour of your farm in person and more than anything love the fellowship. You set a beautiful table!

    God Bless you for all you do!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I came and spent the day doing everything you mentioned in your post, you would have to make up the guest bed for me because I wouldn't be leaving! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, you are soooooooo kind to me! I just came in from cleaning up the kitchen. How fun that you have come and visited me today!

    Shirley, that is such a cute story! I would not want to get close to Mr. Not So Nice's hiney with vaseline! He can just have the one feather!!!

    Gail we will have soooo much fun! You can sit in the Potter's Shed with only the CHRISTmas lights on and look up to the starry sky. It is very dark out here in the country and the heavens just light up!

    Kay, I am blessed to know you! We just moved to our farm a year ago. It had a horrible ice storm some years back that made the place look like a tornado hit it. It will take us a long time to get it the way we would like, but I take baby steps, but the fellowship we could have......... I would love it. Thank you for the sweet words.

    Renee, We have two adorable little barn buildings that we had for our mail order business. I am going to fix one up as a little refuge cabin. It has only a door. I need to have windows and another door put in. I am planting trees around it and getting ready! I will have a guest house. I would love it, if ladies, families or who ever would come and use it! Smile! I will blog about it when we start working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful visit you shared with us today. Thank you, Linda! That made my day -- and inspired me to do some clean-up/fix-up/decorating around our place... I love all the special touches you have! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed the visit with you at Prairie Flower Farm today! Everything is looking so lovely! Thanks for making everything so welcoming for us ~ I thought it especially sweet that you would read the scriptures to us and pray for us ~ what a welcoming and encouraging thing to do!

    May all the encouragement you give be poured out on you today as well!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, What a great welcoming feel good blog today...I'm on my way for a scone! :0) I could sit out there for hours with you! I also checked you out on Gooseberry...what a wonderful tribute to your lovely blog. You are amazing in our labors and in your spiritual light to others. I can tell you are a person that uplifts and brings a lot of joy to others. You have me....just be reading your words. Have a glorious day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda ~ Such a sweet and welcoming post! Oh my, how fun to visit and enjoy tea and scones with you...sharing scripture and offering prayer...such a blessing! You share such inspiration and friendship! Thank you so much! Hugs to you! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. You make me want to jump out in the yard and get going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be delighted to be your guest and very grateful! What a delight and such a beautiful post.

    Be well ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, thank you for sharing yourself through your blog. You would certainly make a guest feel welcome! Beautiful photos and expressions.I appreciate the opportunity to read this, on this rainy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely visit to your farm...only wish we lived closer so I could visit for real!
    Someday...at the Lord's table!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are as in Isaiah 50:4 "The Lord God hath given me the tounge of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."

    Proverbs 15:23 "......a word spoken in due season, how good it is!"

    In Joy,
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda,

    I have been trying to write a comment but just don't have the words to express how sweet this post is. I loved the walk around the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful, Linda! Wish I could join you - when my husband brings us to Wichita to see his family, we'll have to visit :> Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Linda, what a lovely visit to your farm! I wish i could stay in your shed! I tought especially that you read the Word of God with us and we pray together! Yes someday... at the table of the Lord. With my mother; (she past away when i was 17.)
    The garden is so lovely too, i have columbine flowers too!
    God Bless!
    Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I'd really like to visit your farm, but this little tour will do, it was delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen! I love this post...you are such a source of encouragement. This must be one of your spiritual gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I so wish I was on my way to your potters shed, and your feast. Strawberry Rhubarb is one of my favs. You are such a blessing and so encouraging. May God Bless you as you have blessed many.
    Poor old 1 feather Guinea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your post is so cool and uplifting. I felt as if I were there with you and I wanted to hear your story and tell you mine:) Your farm reminds me of the one I grew up on so many years ago. I have such sweet loving memories from those days gone by. Thank you for stirring them in me! And 'yes' I do know how very special we all are in His sight...........

    Blessings.....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful .. am left wondering how much a flight would be from the UK lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, thank you for emailing me with the invitation. I love this post - especially about the Wedding Feast. I hope my seat is near yours :D

    Love you in Jesus, mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!