Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Raspberry Jalapeno Jam and YoYo's

Christmas Raspberry Jalapeno Jam

I was working on a new ad that is going to be in the new Girlhood Home Companion today. We took a picture for the ad of one of our most favorite jams. It is so nice for a fast snack or a needed gift. Put a real pretty Christmas small plate, jar of Christmas Raspberry Jalapeno Jam, a block of cream cheese and some wheat Ritz crackers into a decorated basket. Make a square bread cloth and line the basket. Stick in an evergreen pick (think the classes at Stutzman's are getting to me) and some berries! It makes a real inexpensive and fast gift for that someone. Be sure to find a family that you do not know this year and bless them. The Bible says to bless
This recipe makes up really fast and easy.

Christmas Raspberry Jalapeno Jam

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cups chopped jalapeno pepper
3 cups white sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
6 fluid ounce container liquid pectin

Serilize jars and lids by immersing into boiling water for
at least 5 minutes. In a saucepan, combine the raspberries,
bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers with the sugar and
cider vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat
and boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let
stand for 5 minutes

Stir in the liquid pectin. Pour jam into sterilized jars and
seal. Store in a cool dark place. Refrigerate after opening.


When you go to serve this place the brick of cream cheese in the middle of your pretty plate. Pour part of the jam over the top and let it come down on the sides. Place the little plate on to a larger plate and arrange the crackers along the edge of the plate. Looks so pretty. Put a decorative knife on the side also. This will have your guests wanting the recipe!!!!!!!

Right now I can hear a huge flock of Canadian Geese going over our farm. The sound brings so many wonderful memories to mind. When I was a little girl my daddy had some Canadian Geese eggs and he incubated them. They would follow him all over our homestead. We also had a little pond that he had dredged out for our family to swim in. Those geese would run right beside him as he would go to jump in our pond. What a fun memory! Lately the sky has just been full of geese and red winged blackbirds. Every time you go out they are talking to each other. I just love living on a farm. It is very quiet. I like!

I have been making lots of yoyo's. I always have a baggie ready with lots of yoyo's to makeup. I was in a Mary Jane Farm yoyo swap with yoyo's and they are starting to come to my mailbox. I have been using a large and regular size mason jar lids. They are so easy and make the cutest table doilies, if you sew them together. Trace around the lid onto the fabrics you have chosen. Cut out the circles and turn the edges under just a little under 1/4"sewing a continuous thread all around the circle. Be sure to use double thread. Pull after you have gone around the whole circle. Secure threads. As you see in the picture I used lots of different fabrics. I like to iron each yoyo, I think they look better. You can make all kinds of shapes. I just made a rectangle shape. 7 across and 6 down. Enjoy!!!

Blessings,
Linda

14 comments:

  1. I love hot pepper jelly over cream cheese. Yummy, and I bet the raspberries add a wonderful sweet flavor. I love your site, so restful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had that kind of jam before.. sounds great. I'd love to see what you do with the yo,yo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jam looks so festive, nice shot! I just discovered the publication the ad was for, and how sweet of a site, I signed up for the newsletter. I've always wanted to learn to make yoyo's, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post! Chock-full of great "Linda inspirations" :) I am going to try your recipe, and the idea for a gift basket. What a neat memory about your dad and the geese too! Thanks so much for brightening my day :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yo-yo's are gorgeous! I think I might I might try to make some up and use them as an advent calendar for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest idea Jenn. I want to see it when you have it finished!!!

    Tammy, I can just see my Daddy running and those geese running next to him and jumping in the pond. I loved Alaska!!!!!!!

    Sue Girlhood is a beautiful magazine!!! Jill is really a precious lady!!!!!!!

    Amy, I am just making up those yoyo's everytime I am having to sit some where. I can never I repeat never just sit still. Except when I am reading my Bible. smile! They are easy and make the cutest table doilies. I am making 9 together and thought it would be cute for a coaster.
    Mama Hen, you are just welcome anytime to come and get some peace and rest at my blog!!!!!

    IT IS SNOWING OUTSIDE. GRAMMIE AND POPPA SNOWMAN PARTY, READY HERE I COME!!!!!!!! It is beautiful outside!!!!!!! I am soooooo excited!!!

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I have a hard time making yoyos! I will have to practice this winter.
    My MIL makes pepper jelly...I do enjoy it. I like the sounds of your recipe also!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, somewhere on a blog I saw a little Christmas tree made out of yoyo's. It was adorable. I have never made any yoyo's so I kind of just filed it away in the brain as cute. But now I am wishing I had saved the pic. It was adorable and would have looked so cute standing next to your jar in front of those lights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Linda :)

    Wow, your jam looks wonderful. I also make a Raspberry JalapeƱo Jam for my honey, your recipe differs so I may need to give it a try :)

    The Yoyo's are so cute! I really do need to try and make some. I would love to use them to make a garland for the Christmas tree.

    We got some snow the other day too! It sure is beautiful! We also have Red-winged Blackbirds. I love listening to their whirring call along with Meadowlarks (which are my favorite) :)

    Have a blessed evening Linda :)

    Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this sounds sooooo good...I will have to try it..thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sweet Linda!

    LOVE this picture you took! Thanks for the recipe to! I have been in 2 of MJF swaps! They are fun, aren't they! I usually have a bag of them ready to go with me to work on! We sure think alike! :)

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful blog and gorgeous photo. I found my way here from Arlene's blog. (p.s. I was born and raised until 10, in Kansas, near Kansas city. My grandparents lived across the river in Kansas city , Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Linda ~ What a LOVELY picture!!! I love how the lights are twinkling...so pretty! :) You are a very creative lady...your blog is a joy to visit.

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christmas Gift Basket has the absolute best products, which will convey the class and true feeling, select the gift basket from the best purveyor of Gourmet Foods, Giftswish.com. Visit here: http://www.giftswish.com/gift-baskets-christmas-gift-baskets.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!